Around the Farm: August 14
August 15, 2011
Matt Packer-SP, Akron: W (6-11), 8 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 K
Mr. Reliability when it comes to going deep into the games is Matt Packer. For the fourth time in the past six games he's gone at least eight innings in a contest. Packer's lone blemish in this one was a solo home run and he struck out seven hitters, bringing his season total to 110 in 140 innings. Packer was coming off a start in which he gave up six runs off 11 hits, but aside from that blemish, he's given up less than two runs in all but one of his last eight starts.
- Jordan Henry-CF, Akron: 1-for-3, 2 BB, SB: The speedster notched his 32 stolen base of the season. He's now sixth in the Eastern League in steals.
- Kyle Bellows-3B, Akron: 2-for-3, R, K: Bellows scored the go-ahead run after leading off the ninth with a single, his second hit of the game.
- Donnie Webb-RF, Akron: 0-2, 2 RBI, K: He didn't need a hit to knock in both runs for the Aeros yesterday. Webb collected a RBI groundout in the fourth and a go-ahead sac-fly in the top of the ninth. Right-place, right-time.
- Tyler Sturdevant-RP, Akron: S (2), 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K: Sturdevant picked up his second save of the season for Akron in relief, pitching a perfect ninth with a pair of strikeouts.
- Jordan Casas-RF, Kinston: 2-for-4, R, 3B: Casas hit his third triple of the year between Kinston and Lake County and scored a run in the Captains loss. He's hitting .225 over his past ten games in August, but has a seven game hit streak.
- Casey Frawley-2B, Kinston: 2-for-4, R, 1 HR, 3 RBI: All he does is hit home runs. Casey Frawley hit his 11th of the season, a solo shot in the ninth inning. But he knocked in the other two runs the K-Tribe scored as well. Frawley is two away from his 2010 total of 13 home runs.
- T.J. House-SP, Kinston: L (6-11), 5 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 4 BB, 4 K: It wasn't a bad start for House, but he got hit early with three runs, two in the first and one in the second, and he walked four in a game in which he gave up eight hits. House would be done after five and it would get worse before it got better for Kinston, but House takes his 11th loss of the season.
- LeVon Washington- LF, Lake County: 1-for-3, R, 3B, 2 K: Back with a vengeance is LeVon Washington after a stint on the disabled list. Since returning he has carried on a hit-streak started from before when he was out all the way up to seven games and he hit a triple yesterday. He scored the lone run of the game for the Captains.
- Felix Sterling-SP, Lake County: L (2-3), 4 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 3 BB, 3 K: A real rough start for young Felix Sterling who had been pitching real well for the Captains since debuting in late July. Coming into the game on Sunday, Sterling had given up just five runs in 19-plus innings. He gave up four in the first and three in the fourth in one game.