2012 Indians Prospect Insider book is now available
February 23, 2012
The 2012 Cleveland Indians Prospect Insider book profiling the Indians’ Top 100 prospects has been printed and my first shipment is expected to arrive on Friday or Saturday. To be one of the first to get a copy, order your copy today!
The book retails for $22.95 and can be purchased through the e-store which you can access by clicking on the book cover at the bottom of the page. For IPI members with a yearly subscription it is available at a discounted price of $17.95, so to get the code to use for the discount through the e-store only, contact me and I will pass it along to you.
I am in the process of setting the book up for sale on-line through my publisher and through Amazon.com, so it will be about a week or two before that is complete. For those going to spring training, I am also sending a first shipment of 25 books to Goodyear and they should be available for sale in the Indians team shop at Goodyear Ballpark late next week, though if you are an annual IPI premium subscriber there is no discount through the Indians as it will sell for $22.95 through them. This season the book will also be available at the Indians’ team shop at Progressive Field and also in the team shops at most of the minor league affiliates as well.
The book is over 230 pages in length with full detailed and updated scouting reports for the Indians’ top 100 prospects. The book has scouting reports for every single player that played stateside with the Indians last season and was taken in the 2011 Draft, as well as a handful of players from the Dominican Summer League. In total, 185 players are featured, with over 30 new entrants into the Top 100 and almost 70 completely new reports for players not in last year’s book. If the player was in the organization at any time last season, a report is written on him!
As always, in addition to the scouting reports the book serves as a handy reference guide throughout the season not only for the minor leagues but for the big league team as well. The book includes a listing of the top prospects at each position, a 4-year ranking history, affiliate information, 2011 Draft results, projected opening day rosters from Cleveland to Lake County, Rule 5 Draft eligibles from 2012-2015, 2011 released players recap, 2011 transactions, 2012 minor league spring training schedule, completed 2012 Indians’ affiliate minor league schedule, and more! It is basically the IPI website in book format and a great reference tool all season.
Also only in the book and not on the website:
- Tool grades: The tool grades are back this year as for each of the Top 100 prospects they are graded on several of their abilities (power, hitting, speed, fastball, command, etc).
- Individual player transactions: This is a listing under each scouting report so you can see when each player in the Top 100 was moved to a new team or went on the disabled list.
- "Best Tools": This listing ranks the best in the system in several tools categories.
- Previous ranking: This is included with the tool grades so people can see where prospects were ranked in 2011.
- Upside and value grades: Grades to show what kind of upside and ML value each player in the Top 100 has.
- Latin Top 15 prospects: This listing profiles all the top talent coming stateside this year from last year's Dominican Summer League team or who were recently signed in the past year.
- College stats: Stats for all college players from the 2011 Draft.
This book will serve as all the reference you need this season to follow the 2012 Cleveland Indians and their future big league players of tomorrow. Order your copy today!
NOTE: Purchase of the book does not come with premium access to the site. For information on purchasing a monthly or annual site subscription, please create an account to view subscription information.
To order the book, click on the image below:
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.